Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Help Improve Chat

PreviousPage 2 of 3Next

u cant be afk miss 80 percent of the dialogue
then get mad at me and ban me forever that's abuse. maybe a day I get it but come on u missed the entire dialogue open ur eyes its as I said don't be a retard shell ik ur not . u know I have been a friend to u so don't make me the bad guy cuz ppl whine about me in pm .

im not always right but im not always wrong either . . .

that is why I will always have respect for ria and evie and even u . cuz when I came here I was young and u guys were real . ria helped me evie was chill helped . u never judged me before. . . after this owls situation seems I have been seen quite differently also. but not by ria at least. ria helped me when I first came here we talked many times. thing is there wer also those willing to attribute everything to a fairy or some bs man . screw ur head on shell its me u have known me for 10 years and im not always right but im not always wrong. do u remember I even helped u come on dude don't let ppl crying about me in pm fk up ur judgement . LIKE I SAID A DAY I GET BUT FOREVER OPEN UR EYES REMEMBER I WAS THAT CONFUSED KID LOOKING FOR GUIDANCE U KNOW MY AGE IVE BEEN HERE FOR 10 YEARS SO …. I just already had some roots OTHERS WONT HAVE ROOTS. . . some might need to hear nice human things told to me .

as a mod u even let obvious trolls be the good guys.... just to be nice.

What happened to the RESPECT on this thread. Back to the matter at hand. Have you considered para chat as a possibility? Flyzoo works but only so far. Just thinking of other option, which you could try out if you wanted to if you find flyzoo a challenge, Flyzoo does make a nice change though but if its not working as such, parachat might be a good one to look into if ya unsure. :o) Peace x

Just a thought.. Should it be that before new members are allowed to join ABT with the aim of a free read that they read and agree the rules BEFORE their log in is accepted allowing access to the site.

As stated "just a thought"

keithdeakin wrote: ↑Sat May 25, 2019 5:31 pm
Just a thought.. Should it be that before new members are allowed to join ABT with the aim of a free read that they read and agree the rules BEFORE their log in is accepted allowing access to the site.

As stated "just a thought"

Before signing up to the forums they have to agree to the rules, if the pluggin allows it i agree chat should also have the option.

I think Steve is putting something into place Keith very good idea by the way both of you .x

Changes are being made in chat over the next couple of days and weeks. I'm going to post an announcement on the forums explaining this.

Here's the link: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=17339

Thank you so much for all your thoughts and comments. Please keep posting on this thread as I'm using it as a resource for the 'new' changes which is happening in our Chat Room.

Thank you again,
Steve

Steve wrote: ↑Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:53 pm
Hi Guys,
I'm asking all of you that use chat to please participate in this thread and have your say with how we can all 'as a community' help improve our Chat Room.

I want this to be a positive endeavour so please no negative posting about other members if you have a personal problem please contact me direct.

This is your chance to help build a more positive chat experience and I will be replying to everyone that is involved. Some suggestions that maybe posted may not be possible due to restrictions within the software, if this is the case I will explain why so at least you know and it can be laid to rest, so to speak.

here's to a better chat and look forward to reading your posts and working with you all.
Steve

Hi,
Would like to see some off cuff circles such as Tarot, Pendys, reads .....in case ppl don't know what off cuff circles are it's when a few who are interested in working with our decks or Pendys can developing or enhancing skills can use another room to do this. I enjoy talking to other's however day in a d day out listening to daily logs of what ppl had for dinner gets old as it seems more food chat than a development chat site just saying.

many members say in chat that the rules are not clear abt when in meet and greet that they haven't seen its appropriate to be moved to another room if a discussion becomes dominant in chat room or a debate and the term debate is not clear to everyone
meet and greet on the left of my screen says its a room termed "lets chat "
maybe its should read for light chat only not for religion or (and ill let you decide what else I think this needs clarification
this will make the meet and greet chat room flow for all concerned ,many do not want to see debates which .usually this leads to so that's why we ask people to move to another room
if rooms used correctly ,and that's why we have them everyone should feel accommodated

Is there a way to pin a message to the top of the chat window? This is a capability in some chat software. That would allow a few basic rules to be present all the time for newbies who drop in (like "no heavy debates in the meet & greet, no readings for first-time visitors", what have you).

All good comments so far.
Maybe something like the football red and yellow card system would work. You are given a yellow card or your posts turn yellow or something and is a visible warning to the poster and others that they have been given a warning and any other violation would result in a "sending off" for the remains of that day or a number of hours to cool off.

I think that abusive behaviour towards members is probably more offensive than the language used so I would be more tolerant of language if used in context as long as it is not excessive. Most people seem to have some concept of this, but people could be told to moderate their language a bit if it becomes heated.

I like the idea of the different rooms - particularly for timed events or teaching sessions, but the other rooms just seem under used and almost segregated. Would it be possible to rename a couple so they are on the same footing as meet and greet so not everyone starts there?

Maybe "Main Lounge", "café", "Garden" would confuse people enough to try new areas. Also different areas could be promoted by moderators to get people used to moving around more. For example a moderator could move a group to the cafe if discussion is light daily conversation.

We touched on something last night that most would like to see more of and that is an introduction to Tarot by discussing just one card per day. Discussion would go back and forth led by more experienced members to build up an understanding of what that card means to them. As there is such variety this could take a while but is an interesting topic and learning.

I like that idea of Tarot cards Rowan222 cause it could be expanded into so many other things, such as runes, religions, oracle cards, oghams, and more. It sounds like a good thing to get people to discuss things and help newbies and more experienced people alike learn new things. Plus a more defined guide on what's okay in each room would be good as well in my opinion, and if there are different rules for different rooms it should be clarified.

Another thing as well that has escaped me for some reason is the forcing of beliefs and ideologies. Not everyone in chat is christian, yet there are some members who try to push God on others. Not everyone believes everyone is connected/the universe is one, yet some try to push that. I think having many different ideologies and discussing them is great for chat, but I do not think people should be pushing them on others or expect others to believe the same. Diversity is what leads way to new ideas and knowledge, but the forcing of beliefs stifles that in my experience.

Any chance of posting the idea of the traffic light scheme here please... thank you

I have copy and paste from the pm I sent you on 24th October,

"chat needs ground rules I propose a traffic light scheme, green is safe, amber is a warning and you have x amount of time to redeem yourself, red is out. Also if there was a way to ban IP's that would also be a great option as there are a lot of problem makers coming into chat."

This isn't a problem so much as something that might be cool sometimes if software and technology allow. I think it would be fun to incorporate voice chat events. Voice chat might be a bit much if it's on all the time, if there are many people in the room all talking at once. But for smaller development events or for smaller topic discussions based on interest I think it could be fun. Used sparingly, of course, when appropriate.

ok id like to address the fact there ar ... nst myself

ok id like to address the fact there are issues i have brought to you about abuse of power with a particular mod and recieved no response nor did anything come of it. Id like that to change. The rules i feel are a bit over the top so they should be revised and updated to suit those that actually use the chat. I feel the censor of words is ridiculous and shouldnt be the case. There is never anyone under the age of 18 that logs on in all my time that ive been a member so its unnecessary to censor words. I feel the overall authority on this needs to change, noone likes a dictatorship and i feel language used should not be dictated. If used in malice then there are options for people to use such as the mute or have a mod do a temporary ban. Permanent bans are pointless as it drives people away. Also new mods would be refreshing but make sure theyre competent and wont abuse their power as i have seen done before against myself

PreviousPage 2 of 3Next