Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

While reading others, have you dealt with a situation of feeling like someone is not being honest with you?

Hello everyone,

I'm asking this question because I'm curious to know if anyone had a issue with reading someone that is deceptive about themselves. They had a personal concern and then as you start reading them, you had a strong feeling that they weren't completely honest with you about what concern that they came to you about.

For example, someone came to me for a reading. She had a serious concern about her children and she is in a nasty custody battle with her ex. He accused her of child neglect/abuse while she accused him also. She wanted to know about the outcome of the court case because she have no legal counsel. She just wanted to know what I saw and felt about the situation.

While reading her, I was getting signals to let me know that there were multiple layers to her circumstance. Not only did I feel a lot of underhandedness with her ex, but I felt strange vibes with her as well. So, I felt like she was keeping secrets and withholding valuable information about herself. I felt like she was feeling like if she reveal this information about herself, she will lose her case with her children.. I told about what I felt and I felt that somehow some way she will get the help that she need.

I feel like there was something else going on with her pertaining to her children. How you tell someone about themselves without offending them?

Well, she asked what you saw and felt about the situation. She left the door open for you and there are always kind ways to say anything. Just say it and don't worry about how she feels, that is not your job, it is hers. One thing that is programmed in to us is to "be nice" and that implies we must never hurt anyone's feelings or make them angry, BUT we have no control over how others feel. People choose to get their feelings hurt and they choose to get angry. You could be the nicest person in the world and if you run into the meanest person in the world that person will try to make you feel like you have offended or wounded them. You have to be strong enough to just say it and not worry about others feelings. Honesty really is the best policy, it does not have to be blunt or mean, just straight.

Hi. Maybe she doesn’t want to say every thing. Why is that bad. She says what she’s compfortable with.

I think its safer to say if there's something not wanting to be revealed then its a simple as don't relay it across to them but word it as a barrier wishing to be overcome, which she can work her way through in time. Respect that barrier though , its there for a reason.

eGPYZ nSINkP Qksh c SvxiWeh