Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Tarot Deck - beginner readings

Page 1 of 2Next

Hello! I finally got my first tarot deck, and I spent some time getting to know it last night. (What I gathered from my questions is that its purpose is to help bring out my emotions more, for me to deal with, and to be guidance in helping to make decisions. This was not even my intention, but probably what I needed. I'm not sure if this energy will remain for others, or if it will take a different approach with other people.)

I'd like to offer a 1-3 card reading (depending on the situation and the question) to anyone out there. Please keep in mind that I am a beginner and although I have intuitive capabilities (I mostly work with energies and feelings, not so much a "this is what will happen" kind of thing has developed for me yet) I have only done readings for myself (not just in tarot, but mostly in the form of yes and no questions, and then feeling something as a result. It feels like I am having an emotion pushed into my body, on my chest.) I want to practice and the more cards I pull for other people the more practice I think I will get.

Please let me know what question you have, and who else is involved if it involves anyone else (just their relation to you.) Then I will ask the question along with 1 or 2 clarifying questions if needed.

As I sat here shuffling my cards, wondering if I truly was ready to read for others (something told me i need to do it, and i'm a bit skeptical), the Star card flew out of my deck onto the floor 🙂

Aw, just jump in and read. I find reading helps me connect with my inner self. Do a read for me. You can go to my thread Sanford's Reads to see who I am. Turn the cards until you have turned enough. That's what I do.

Looking forward to your insights.

Thank you Sanford! I have seen your readings on here and you're very good. Very detailed! I'm not sure I can get that much detail but I will try. I actually had the thought "Sanford is going to reply and I won't want to read him because I'm intimidated" sure enough here you are offering a chance for me to read for you. lol, well, I will try tomorrow. I have put the cards up for tonight and I'm winding down now for sleep, but I will ask my cards a question for you tomorrow. Do you have a question in mind or anything goes?

Please, don't be intimidated. I have been reading for 16 years now. I use two decks which I know intimately by now. I'm always afraid I'll get the details wrong. Sometimes I do, but I put them in anyway because more often than not they are spot on- and it really helps the asker. Sometimes I still throw up a clinker, a read that has no relevance whatsoever.

You are just starting your journey. In some ways I envy you. You will lean and grow in your ability by leaps and bounds. I have hit a plateau. Not a bad thing because I am very good, but there isn't much place to go from here. I have realized my potential already. You on the other hand...

There is a card in my Osho Zen deck, The Creator, King of Fire. The commentary makes the very good point that we are all imperfect, works in the making, but masterpieces all the same. Look at the Mona Lisa. What makes that painting a masterpiece? Is it a perfect rendition of her face? Is her face perfectly symmetrical? No, it's the little smile that captivates us all. Perfection is a sterile place. There is nothing left to learn, no opportunity to grow or become better if we are perfect. NO. Better to be the masterpiece always learning and growing and sharing your imperfect self with others. Here is a link to the card and commentary.

I suffer from depression. It's having a big impact on my life at the moment. How do I best manage my condition so I can do and be all the things I want. How's that for a question? Tap into my energy. Turn the cards. Let the adventure begin.

Thank you for the encouraging words. I know I can't be perfect, but I have spent a lot of time focused on career which has made me feel very successful and accomplished. Starting with a new thing is...a new thing for me.
I've long put this off, too, so I feel this is a good time for me to start.

Regarding your question...I asked for two cards. First I asked "How is Sanford's situation looking right now?" and then "What advice do you have for Sanford in the next few days?" I felt like the 2nd question will provide some actionable advice, rather than waiting for the overall outcome (which can always change.)

During my readings, I feel emotions and things pushed into my body. When I asked the first question, I did feel the weight of depression in my chest, but also in my neck and my shoulders. I feel like my body is being pushed down, as I am sitting here, from the top down. Something is weighing on you, maybe I felt it because you need to get something off your chest? Not sure if this is what it meant or if the weight is just being shared with me for context.

As I was shuffling and asking, the Two of Pentacles fell out, but I drew a card anyway, the Four of Pentacles. For the second question, I drew the Wheel of Fortune. This is the Fantastical Creatures deck, and this is what the card looks like: creatures and I'm drawn to the birds flying, and to me they look like they've been released from somewhere, you can see more birds in the background flying away.

You're doing well balancing everything, but it doesn't feel like it. There are tasks you may need to let go of or delegate. Projects you want to complete that you may want to slow down on or plan out over a longer period of time. Ask for help. People do want to help you find a balance. You have a lot of worries, and lot of responsibilities weighing you down, what can you let go of? What can you leave to fate? Look for messages from your guides or your deity/deities, they are around you and are protecting you, and you don't have to do anything major right now. Just get through this week, and be prepared for when your luck turns around again. Some things are out of your control, but you can try to get some of this weight off your shoulders.

Also, you know these cards better than I do, so perhaps you can get some other meaning from them 🙂

Also, I would say new opportunities may arise. Investigate your options. You may be surprised by how your luck changes.

Not bad, not bad at all. You did tap into my energy. That's what people suffering from depression feel like. The recent forced isolation and lack of sunlight don't help matters either.

The two cards out of Pentacles are very encouraging. I have been waiting for some money to come in. Perhaps it will change my life. That's what I get from your read. I don't need to do anything different at the moment, just stay on course. Change for the better is coming. Your read reminded me that I do have a lot of assets, lots to offer. I want to do so much more, but maybe I should manage my expectations.

I must say the energy of your cards was quite unsettling to me. I didn't recognize the birds flying in a circular pattern until I read it in your post. I"m not big into Egyptian mythology when it comes to my tarot decks. Of course, tarot is a very personal thing. Find decks that speak to you.

Thank you for the read. It gives me hope.

Whenever someone has depression or grief, I usually feel it only in my chest. It felt really though like my shoulders and my neck were being pushed on by a heavy weight. So I felt it important to mention. I'm glad you got something from the pentacles, because that 2 of pentacles really wanted to come out first, and then I drew the 4 of pentacles. Yes, things are coming. I definitely feel that. I like to ask the cards what I can do when I read for myself, but a lot of times I get the same message. "Just wait." I'm fascinated by mythology. The two of pentacles card is much better looking than the wheel of fortune:

There is grief and depression caused by a life event. Then there is Major Depression a recognized mental illness. I suspect you have never before tapped into the energy of somebody with the latter. Live and learn.

The only constructive criticism I have for you is that you drew cards and never told me what they mean. If you are going to include cards in your read, give a bit of commentary. "I drew the X of pentacles and here is what I think it means in the context of your read." You have great ability. I can't connect with people the way you do. I do make connection, but it is much weaker.

You have so much potential.

thanks Sanford, you are free to comment or PM, it's not going to affect my readings. I clear my mind and attached energy before all readings and focus on the person's name before i read.

Taking a break now and will update when I'm available again. Spending more time with family to get us through a rough patch. (we will be fine)

Thank you for the advice! My thought was actually "people do not want to know the meaning of each card, only the summary." so i am glad to have this advice so early.

Hi. In willing to get a reading if you feel drawn. Would love to hear from you. Be confident. You will be fine

Arianna100, i can do a reading for you tonight. Do you have a question I can ask?

HI Arianna100, feel free to ask an additional question and I will pull another card, but I went ahead and did a general reading for you. I asked what you need to know, and pulled the 10 of Pentacles. This is a card of stability and abundance. If you do not feel financially secure now, you will soon. It will be the result of good and hard work. You also may find that your family or friend life is abundant, if it's not financially, then together you all make a good team. Or perhaps this card is telling you to look for that type of community in life. When I connected to your energy to do the reading, I feel a little sore in my throat so you are maybe getting over a cold or sickness, or that is your throat chakra needing cleansing, and to speak your truth more. I do feel that you take care of others and that is part of the 10 of Pentacles, using what you have to share and help others with what you gained from your success. Thanks for letting me read for you!

Thank you. You are right on a few things. I recently had severe sore throat. I have recovered. I am worried about finances.

I feel like I would like to know about my spirituality. Also I'm worried about my partner aka husband. So much so that I get bad dreams about him.

Anything about this would be appreciated.

I myself practiced readings but since my kids came I stopped. I can medium and empath as well.

Blessings
Arianna

Hi Arianna. I think I misread the 10 of pentacles as a present card, perhaps it is a future card, that you will be successful and be able to share with family (which i extend to community because we all have chosen family.) also i read meanings from several websites and use my intuition more than the card meanings. and i can be way off lol. i will do a 3 card reading, asking about your concerns, tomorrow when i am in the space to do so. i will find a good spread to try! thank you for replying back!

Arianna, I did a past, present, and future reading for you and I specifically asked about your partner and finances.

I drew the Nine of Cups, Queen of Pentacles, and Four of Pentacles in that order.

The Nine of Cups, in the deck I'm using, shows the Native American Goddess Ataensic riding a giant tortoise (representing the Earth) in a sea, with four flying geese above her (representing the 4 elements and 4 directions.) I mention this because the card is beautiful and the symbols may have particular meaning for you.

I take this to mean that in the past, you did get a wish fulfilled and you have what you asked for. This may be with your partner, family life, or career, I'm not sure.

The Present position card is the Queen of Pentacles, and in my deck it's the Celtic Goddess Danu. So presently, you have to watch your finances which you can do because you are very conscious of what you spend. I know it doesn't seem like it (I have been there) but the situation is manageable. I feel that you are the one taking care of things and that a lot of responsibility falls on you. You really need a break. But you are able to manage. Remember to nurture yourself too, to take time to do something that you enjoy, or just sit there and listen to your breath, enjoy a hot cup of tea, or if you can afford it, buy something small and affordable that brings you joy (of course, in your situation, not talking big purchases) like food that you enjoy or a candle/incense that smells good. For some reason I am particularly thinking of a candle. Anyway, I can feel the pressure of you holding everything together.

For the future, I drew the Four of Pentacles which feature firedrakes, small dragons. They love fire, and can make their way into your home, and make your candles flicker. I am a big fan of dragons. Now I wonder if this is why I thought of candles just a few minutes ago - I did not know that fact about firedrakes until I read it in the book that came with the cards. I really am not making this up lol

Financial security is coming! I think you are fully able to manage the situation now and will continue to be able to do so. The choices you are making now are going to lead you to financial security. I don't get any sort of feelings on when or how. I also don't have any information about your partner. The Nine of Cups with the Queen of Pentacles I really feel is about you, and the last card being a Four of Pentacles it just reinforces that these cards are about finances.

I can try and do a love reading tomorrow. Maybe if I focus on that I will be able to feel something.

You being a reader as well, you might get something more out of this reading than what I can get.

The only thing I will say is that what led to my divorce long ago was that I was doing all the work, I had an extra person to take care of (my partner.) I left and it was VERY hard. For about 2 years. But now I'm doing a whole lot better. I built the life I wanted because I didn't have to be held back anymore. I'm not sure if that's your case but when I hear about partners and finances, and pull the Nine of Cups with the Queen of Pentacles, well, I have a bias, clearly. lol I really hope your partner is good about helping you out and not letting all the responsibility rest on you.

Thanks dear. It was very helpful. Hope things get better soon. Feel free to practice aa,much as u like.

Blessings
Arianna

Page 1 of 2Next