Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Suggestions to overcome anxiety

Hello all

Happy new year and Merry Christmas !
I was wondering if any of you have overcome their anxiety issues through some effective techniques . I am having severe anxiety for the last two years and its not getting any better .My anxiety is mainly about my future ,the loneliness and the helplessness ..It has effected my state of mind and my efficiency tremendously .

I have tried my techniques and saw a psychologist too. It does get a little better but comes back ...You input will be appreciated..

love and light

Abs

hi abs

i hope this gets to you .....i hope your life and anxiety has gotten better.

Best advice I can give to you from someone who understands anxiety is to keep going but also be mindful to take rest breaks and pamper yourself days so you can relax.

Keeping myself too busy kind of helps me, feeling like an NPC isn't that bad.

Absolute plane wrote: ↑Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:54 am
Hello all

Happy new year and Merry Christmas !
I was wondering if any of you have overcome their anxiety issues through some effective techniques . I am having severe anxiety for the last two years and its not getting any better .My anxiety is mainly about my future ,the loneliness and the helplessness ..It has effected my state of mind and my efficiency tremendously .

I have tried my techniques and saw a psychologist too. It does get a little better but comes back ...You input will be appreciated..

love and light

Abs

Your anxiety is created, if you're anxious about your future .......what's going on that creates this anxiety........What makes you lonely, what do you do to help yourself not be lonely.......What is it that makes you feel helpless.........you can sit down with pen and paper and answer these questions then view what you wrote. View your life, environment in an honest way so you can get to the root of your issues. Each day set a small goal for you to accomplish.........you can say affirmations to increase your self power.

I suffer from anxiety. In my case I often can not tell any hard reasons. It’s just abstract. And it is very annoying if people don’t understand that and keep asking me about the reasons. It annoys my psychologist, too, when I tell him.

Actually it is good that you can name reasons you fear about because it is easier to fight what you know.

1. Anyway, here’s a technique and pushing it away by the way is not good. You have to do the opposite. Sit down in silence, breath deep and feel your body. Feel your anxiety. Let it come to you. Slowly. Feel how it runs through your body. Just listen to it.

2. You will see it won’t kill you. It won’t hurt you as much as you may fear. And now think about that everything what counts is the present. Tomorrow and yesterday are non-existent. All what is real is now. Think about the now. Now everything is ok. The anxiety is there but it has no control over you. You are alone now. It doesn’t kill you. You feel lonely now and it doesn’t kill you. You are anxious now and it doesn’t kill you. This won’t change. You can bear it right now. You don’t need to fear something in the futur what you are experiencing already. Nothing is as bad as your imagination tells you.

3. You can also imagine how the anxiety that flooded your body leaves it. I prefer to let it run out from my fingers but you can choose whatever part you want.

4. If you fear something new may happen then ask yourself what is the worst outcome. And then think about what you would do then. You will see there are very few problems you could not handle somehow. Imagine you loose your home. Don’t just think about it. Of course that is not a nice thought, of course it all seems very hard but even then things would go on as long as you’re going on. Think about how you would live with it and how you would try to change it.

Also, make it clear you imagine really the worst and then realise that it is very unlikely the worst of all will happen. And if you imagine the worst and see that even that can be handled then you can see that everything else won’t destroy you either.

If your fear for example is after a huge fight with your partner they'd leave you then see that right now you are alone as well. That you may be sad but it’s not a real threat to you. Being alone any other time is not different from being alone right in the moment.

---

Oh, another thing is if you have favourite books, films, TV shows, even PC games (those with a story like adventures) then read/watch/play them over and over. There's the neurological science behind that stories you already know give you the feeling of safety because there are no surprises. You know exactly what will happen and our brains, especially the anxious ones, really like that.

I tell you these things really help me.