Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Strange Dream

This was a short dream due to me snoozing my alarm before work. I was in the middle of the desert with two people, and was looking at smoke in the air somewhere off in the distance that I knew was from a plane crash. (I can't remember if I actually witnessed the crash, or had seen the plane prior to seeing the smoke, but I distinctly remember it being from a plane going down) We went in search of it, and went to where it should have been and it wasn't there. And for some odd reason, in this desolate desert there were parking lots randomly placed.

I've looked up some of the key words in a dream dictionary, but all together it's just confusing. I did see smoke from a car fire this afternoon from the parking lot at work when I was leaving today. Coincidence?

Have you read any of the material Carl Jung wrote about symbols and dream analysis? I won't go heavily into it but according to him dream dictionaries are useless for interpreting dreams because a single symbol can mean very many things and each meaning for each symbol is different depending on the dreamer and the dream itself. For example, one person can dream about a fire in a desert and another person could dream about being at the bottom of the ocean but the dreams could have the same meaning depending on how each dreamer interprets their dream symbols. If you are interested just google Jung dream interpretation.

I've heard about it, so I will look into it. Thanks M.