Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Something Happens When I'm Sleeping

This is very strange and I've never had it happen before this week.

Every night this week, so 4 nights in a row so far, I've woken up with an unexplained ailment that wasn't there when I went to bed.

The first day I woke up and my legs hurt like I'd been running. It felt exactly like the day after an hour of leg exercises at the gym (only I hadn't been to the gym or done any strenuous leg activity such as climbing stairs). Night 3 I had a painful spot behind my ear that felt like a bite or a scratch, but I couldn't see it to confirm. This morning my shoulderblade and neck feel like I got hit with something.

I've slept funny before and woken up with odd aches and pains, but this is like I'm walking around doing stuff when I should be sleeping. But I've confirmed with my parents I wasn't up and about as far as they know. My mom is typically up until 2 a.m. or so and my dad gets up around that time, so between the two of them they can confirm I wasn't physically up and around.

I don't use any sleep aids or take any medications before bed. I don't have any history of sleep walking. I could possibly have done something to my ear in my sleep if I drowsily scratched an itch or something, but I can't tell if it's even a scratch.

Haven't seen a reason to seek medical attention yet. It's just weird and I'm wondering if anyone has ever experienced things like this.

I do have a history of sleep paralysis, but haven't experienced that this week that I recall.

Update: Throughout the night last night two of my cats that slept in bed with me continuously woke me up and sat on top of my body. They seemed alarmed by something in the room and I felt a presence also. Not sure what it means. Just filing it away.

I often wake up with ailments as well although im fairly certain mine are because of the way I'm positioned at night. For example neck pains are usually when i fall asleep in a odd position or my neck is curved too much. Also i'll wake up with numbness in my arms from sleeping strange. Your situation though sounds like you feel there is another reason beyond simply having a bad nights sleep. Have you ever felt this presence before? Does it always happen when you are just waking up? I can tell usually when i've been having more than just a normal dream and done alot of 'movement'. Astral travel is fun, but it also can have physical effects on the body when your in deep states of rem.

In general, I sense presences a lot. Usually I can pinpoint them as spirits or guides. Occasionally I sense one that doesn't feel like either of those. This can happen any time, not just when I'm waking up.

I've had "slept funny" ailments. These seemed strange, though.

ColeWayne, Could you be consuming too much potassium somehow? It is just a thought that came to me while reading your post. When you get a physical the blood tests include potassium and magnesium so you could tell from that.