Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

So you want to read? - 5 Important Steps for Psychic Development

Here are a few encouraging tips for anyone who is beginning their psychic development journey :o)

Think about what you want to achieve during your spiritual development and set realistic goals. It will take time to hone your skills, but if you are dedicated to the process, you will be sure to see results

Be patient. You wont see your skills suddenly flourish overnight, slow and steady pace is still progress. Give yourself time and know that we all make mistakes during readings. Some readings you do will be spectacular, others may be slow to progress - it's all about trusting in yourself and trusting we learn to become familiar with what works for -Us- and what doesn't.

Even as a beginner, always trust the information spirit is giving you. Try not to make a message fit the circumstances. Go with your instinct and gut feeling, be honest and open, and you will give far more accurate readings

Be open to the different signs spirit may send you, such as white feathers, birds, songs, smells, colours and become familiar with what they may mean
-A good example is the victorian language of flowers, common tree meanings, colours and their meanings (such as connection to a chakra or an Arch-angel.
Tobacco smells would be indicative of a smoker whilst smells of baking could tell of a grandmother energy. Becoming familiar with your own definitions and trusting them can help you during readings. :o)

Be true to yourself. There isn't just one type of psychic. Our abilities differ and there is no right or wrong way of receiving messages from spirit. There are endless ways to receive messages and so many different meanings for interpretations. Do what works for you

Thanks for these excellent tips!

It definitely helps to see this and know the right way of going about learning to do readings and the right mindset to have.

HI SamJ....Good basic instructions and as you say everyone develops in their own way...In my opinion though, two things most trainees have difficulties with are....Patience and Trust..As you correctly point out.
I would also avise that practice opening and closing Chackras is also impotant as a first step.
Kind regards.

Great advice, Samantha 🙂 #3 is big for me...even after all these years, I still sometimes struggle with self doubt

Great advice given xx

So true. I think Trust is a big issue many of us struggle with throughout our own development, I know it has been one of my biggest obstacles. Once you begin to trust yourself, you open the door to so much and begin to understand things in a much clearer and healthier way. Unobstructed. I think we get in our own way entirely too much.

I had (not too recently) begun practice readings and have so much more confidence in what comes through simply through the advice given to me by members here and a few others I trust and confide in. I can immediately tell when spirit is coming through by physical sensations and trust that it's not just my 'imagination' by simply asking questions. I only wish I had this type of support years ago (like so many) where I thought I was being overly imaginative. Validation is a huge thing for me and without that, I don't think I would believe what I saw or heard was real and by being able to practice, just like any skill, it helps to become more confident and accurate.

I still am a little hesitant with relaying info because I often get seemingly random info but now I'm not shy about spitting it out, especially if it's persistent. I feel like once its out there, more can come through and it starts to make sense. I'm still working on it but Thank you to those that offer their advice, wisdom and support.

I very much enjoyed these tips! very very helpful!

Thanks a bunch!
Joienicole

Thank you for sharing the steps SamanthaJ ! They're helpful for beginners who're still not entirely sure how to access their own abilities in the spirit world.

Great advice all taken on board thanks

My great Gram visits and when she's here I get that cigarette smell. Sometimes it's really faint but other times it's so strong that it's overbearing. Do you think there is a meaning or reason to the strength of the smell?