Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

So this is really happening- Now what do I do? ( I'm a newbie!)

Hi Everyone!

I am new to the site and new in my psychic development.
I guess I can't say it is all completely new to me- I have experienced things my whole life. But this is a new phase for me and it is intense. Now that I have opened myself up to it and have accepted my abilities, they seem to be quickly growing. And I am figuring out that I have more capabilities than I ever realized. It is exciting but really overwhelming. And I have absolutely no idea what I am doing. And I feel a great sense of purpose and responsibility but it is also a little scary. I just wonder if anyone has experienced what I am going through right now, and if so- what did you do?

Some of the things that have happened lately:

I have had what I think was a long distance empathic experience with someone I don't know. It came on suddenly and overwhelmingly and didn't go away until I read some info online in an empath chatroom and tried focusing my energy on "hugging" him and comforting him until he fell asleep.

My spirit guides have repeatedly told me what my purpose is- and it is a big job.

A couple of times after a short meditation session to try to use my clairvoyance- and I saw something- I have gotten the feeling that the room is full of others wanting to show me things and I was compelled to tell them that it would have to be later because I am still learning.

One time I felt a heavy presence on my shoulders and back- right when I was reading about what happens if you sense earthbound spirits. I said 'you're too heavy' and she immediately lightened up.

I have felt/seen in my mind people from a past life and been very overcome with emotion- I feel them all the time- they stay around me...like a ring of protection. And they guide me-support me.

I feel an urgency sometimes during the day to try the meditation for clairvoyance. The other day I tried one for clairaudience instead and in the middle I saw something and I could feel my forehead pulsing/aching like it did with the clairvoyance meditation.

I many times get super powerful chills when I think about these things or have questions and it's like having a conversation with my guides where they answer me with chills.

This all seems really crazy and it has all just kind of started a couple of months ago. But it is all very real and I understand now clearly that it is my path and it's why I am here. Because of my past and some of the trauma I have experienced I can see I may be someone uniquely qualified for my purpose so I accept it and I know it to be completely true. But now what? I am just fumbling my way through everything. I feel fairly good about my choices and keeping myself safe but in all honesty I don't know if I am doing the right things and it is sometimes a bit unsettling. I need help but don't know where to go and I am trying to figure out who I can trust and how to find people/classes ect. I have at least figured out a few times (and been told clearly by my guides) who or what I shouldn't trust.

So- this is me and where I am at. is this normal? Does it usually all rush in like this? I just don't know where to start but I can feel that 'they' are pushing me. Does this make sense? I want to try to start but I am finding it a bit hard to balance- especially because everyday life is pretty busy right now.

Any suggestions or guidance will be greatly appreciated!
Thank you so much!

Hello Lynn welcome to anybodythere. how lovely to have you here. It sounds very much like you are going through an awakening .. I can see from your post it all feels overwhelming as so many different things are happening.
You seem to be handling this all well up to now.
I have had this gift / awakening for many years.. It comes on strong then you can do with it what you want.. life does get in the way at times but if you want to use your gift to help others that may be as start ?

Hi Helen,
Nice to meet you- thank you for your reply. I am excited to have found this community 🙂

I really want to try to help people but I think that is where I get stuck! I don't know how to. I believe the messages that I am getting are from people who have already passed and I don't know what to do with that. There is not enough information coming through but I can feel their urgency. And I'm not even sure what ability this would be. Is that considered mediumship?
I guess I am quite surprised by this coming up. I have always had a way of just knowing things- and my intuition has always been strong. But I did not see this coming. I want to learn though. I feel like there are those who have passed that need my help and I need to figure out how to do that. And I think in these cases it will help the people who are still here too.
I feel hesitant to jump in completely because I am not sure if there is a right way or a wrong way to open myself up. Do I need to do something to protect myself?
I know- I have so many questions!

We are going to be getting things going in chat soon. Medium ship is a wonderful way to go. Giving comfort for those who need it. We have quite a few members who can help and guide you here. Mark is one of my favorites. He has helped me work things out in the past and take more control of my gift. I have been able to see spirit since I was a child but was scared of it. I became a psychic and was open and found spirit would march in on my readings. Things like this you need to know what to do with.
You are doing every thing right so far. Its good to be hesitant and do things slowly. I personally think having control first and the foundations before you jump in is definitely the right way. Small steps. Get your confidence. Work with your guides and ask as many questions as you can think of.. its the way of learning!

Hi. Having just read your post you remind me of when I first became aware of spirit some forty plus years ago, everything happening at once jumping from one thing to another never seeming to slow down. One thing you should remember is that YOU are in control, spirit are so happy that you have woken up to the fact they are with and willing to work with them they can become overwhelming at times but in time they will slow down and you will realise what path it is you will walk with them i.e Healing ,Clarevoyance, Clareaudiance or Claresentiance or if you very lucky all of them but not many are chosen for that role take your time and stay in control. Learn to workout how they let you know they are ready to work with you. Welcome to the wonder that is spirit.
Kind regards.

HI Keith- thanks to you and Helen for your supportive feedback. It is reassuring to know that others have experienced what I am experiencing now. And it’s exciting to have found a group of people who understand me! I will definitely join the chat and keep asking questions and reaching out to others. I will also remember to slow down and try to remember that I am in control. Thank you both 🙂