Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Prayers for a new beginning

I see many prayer requests for those who are ailing or depressed. My prayer request is nowhere near as important, but it means alot to me and my family.

After years of struggle, I earned my bachelor of science im mechanical engineering. This looked to be a new beginning for bigger and better things in my life. However the job I was looking for wasn't there when I graduated. Three months later I was working at Lowe's to make ends meet and was miserable. A new manager was hired months after I was and made a point to target me. A year later I was laid off by his request.

I was approved for unemployment but it wasn't enough to pay rent so me, the wife and kids were forced to move. We fit everything in our car and made a 30 hour drive from Texas to Maine. A job prospect, close family friend, and place to stay awaited us. Once we arrived there everything fell apart. The job prospect fell through(I was flown there for an interview all expenses paid mind you), our close friend turned her back on us after a nasty falling out of her own doing, and we were served a 48 hour notice to vacate where we were staying(we had no idea the house was under foreclosure for almost 2 years)

We packed the car up and drove back to Texas to reluctantly stay with my brother and sister in law. Shortly before leaving Texas we had a falling out with them because my brother in law admitted he was racist towards black people(I am black btw and my children are mixed). We had nowhere to go so we had to stay there. My sister in law is an evil, vindictive, selfish money obsessed person. Living with her is hell, but we all found jobs to start saving up to move out. I bit the bullet and took a part time job at a fast food restaurant(Whataburger for anyone familiar with Texas),
then just recently took a full time job at a call center.

Two months earlier, I conducted a phone interview for an engineering job. A month later I conducted another phone interview for the same job(I had to sneak away and conduct it during orientation for my first day at the call center job). Two weeks later I get an invite for an interview for the same position at the job location.

I have waited my entire life for this opportunity. This is also the most interest I have been shown for an engineering position since graduating. Being offered this job would change everything and end my financial struggles. My family and I would be able to have our own place and live comfortably. I will appreciate all the positive energy, prayers, and well wishes towards being given the opportunity of a lifetime.

Hi Esteban...

I'm so so so glad you got an invite for an interview :o)

Good luck, i'm sending all the positive energy I have for it to go well. Please keep us updated.
You're in my prayers.

TGC

Samj

I most certainly will as soon as it concludes. It is scheduled for this coming Wednesday at 1:00 pm CST. Thank you for the positive energy and prayers.

I did the interview and it went well. I got lots of good vibes from the interviewers. One in particular told me afterwards that he would love to have offered me the position if it were his decision to make.

I will receive an answer this coming week regarding the decision. Prayers, positive energy, and crossed fingers are encouraged! This could be it!

Esteban wrote: ↑Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:13 pm
I did the interview and it went well. I got lots of good vibes from thr interviewers. One in particular told me afterwards that he would love to have me offered the position if it were his decision to make.

I will receive an answer this coming week regarding the decision. Prayers, positive energy, and crossed fingers are encouraged! This could be it!

I'm so happy to read this good luck Esteban.. still sending good vibes.. let's hope you get some good news. Keep us updated...
all the best

Samj

Still no word today. I emailed one of the interviewers and his response was that there is still no decision and to expect one by next week. The wait continues....

Esteban wrote: ↑Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:20 am
Still no word today. I emailed one of the interviewers and his response was that there is still no decision and to expect one by next week. The wait continues....

Hi Esteban :o) hopefully they are just re-thinking over final bits. Sometimes as they say..''no news is good news''. I'm still sending positivity your way... fingers crossed you get some good news before Friday. If not, hopefully early next week. Hugs

Samj

Yesterday I emailed the interviewer I have been corresponding with to inquire about news of a decision. He admitted that he would be he last to know, and recommended I call a member of HR this week. I will call first thing Monday and post what I am told. I hope I get the news I am looking for!

Good luck ~~~ good luck ~~~ and fingers crossed. Holding on tight for some good news your way Esteban

Look forward to hearing. I have a good feeling for you still

Update: called today, was informed there is no news yet of a decision, and that I would be contacted once a decision is made. The wait continues.....