Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

OBE? Spirit or entity?

Hi everyone.

I'm new so I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I was hoping someone might understand something I don't.

I'll try to keep this short, but recently, I've had a couple unusually realistic dreams. My dreams are always totally disjointed, and any real places that show up in them are always wrong in several ways.

But about a month ago, I woke up a little to what I'd assumed was an earthquake. I live in Japan, so those are super normal, so I told myself to stay awake til it stops just in case. But I kinda knew something felt off, because it felt more like my room was vibrating rather then shaking. Then it started getting stronger, and I thought maybe this was a big earthquake. I tried to get up but realized I was frozen in place, like my arms were strapped to my body. Energy, for lack of a better word, started swirling around the room and I felt like I urgently needed to get up. Suddenly, my body lifted up into a sitting position in bed, even though I still couldn't move. The energy and the vibration just kept getting stronger and stronger and for some reason, I knew I needed to move, NOW. I fought to move my arms, and the moment I succeeded, my eyes shot open. I was laying in bed in the exact position I'd been frozen in.

I checked the next day; there was no earthquake that night anywhere in Japan. It was weird, but I wrote it off as stress as I was going through a whole lot at the time. But I moved to a new apartment about 2 weeks ago, and then the other night, it happened again.

No earthquake. This time I woke up and started looking around my room because something felt really wrong. I felt like I was in danger. But there was nothing there. Even so, I was frozen in place again. I fought hard to sit up and partially succeeded, but it was like the more I tried, the heavier my body felt and the harder it got to hold my eyes open. I still felt like I was in immediate danger and kept fighting to keep my eyes open, but everytime I tried to open them wider, my vision would shift slightly. It wasn't til I forced my eyes open and found myself once again in the same position I was frozen in in my dream that I realized my vision had been shifting back and forth between where I was slightly sitting up in my dream and where I was actually laying.

From looking this up online, my best guess is that this is some kind of out of body experience? But nothing about OBEs explains this feeling of immediate danger I keep having. Has anyone experienced this?

Sorry this is so long, but if you read any part of it, thanks so much.

Hello AugieGod,
One of the most common symptoms of the separation from the physical body is what is often called "vibrations". When you begin to separate from the physical body it is common to experience these, it is not a requirement - separation from body can happen without then, but they are very common.

When they occure it can easily feel like the entire bed is heavily shaking, like being in an earthquake or on a shaky train. The intensity of the vibrations can vary though.

Sleep paralyzis is a very normal thing, it is part of a stage you go through before the full separation from body. You can go through that stage without experiencing yourself being paralyzed though, such as if you go through that stage quickly. It is very normal to experience vibrations (which are part of the separation process) and sleep paralyzis. If you wait till the vibrations are as most intense, the separation has likely taken place and you can stand up, get up from bed - and be out of body.

The fear you felt could simply be your own fear of what was happening, fear of the unknown etc. There could be other reasons such as sensing another being nearby and feeling fear because of it. But feeling fear due to the unknown etc is very common.

It can be possible to open the physical eyes when in sleep paralyzis or split, which could even result in being able to see two realities at the same time. The astral reality with astral sight (or through sight of etheric body) and the physical world through physical eyes. However trying to open physical eyes could also very easily cause you to wake up the physical body, and trigger a return to it.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Patrik

Hi Patrik,

Thanks so much for reading that long mess and taking the time to write such a detailed response!

That does make me feel better to hear it was probably an out of body experience and not something threatening.
It hasn't happened again since, but I'm not really sure what made it happen to begin with, so we'll see I guess.

Thanks again,
Augie