Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Native Spirit

Northern Cree - Gathering Of Nations

Young Spirit Powwow

Brian Hammill 2009, 2011 and 2012 World Champion Hoop Dancer

Spirit Flute

Ria, ohh thank-you.

Very soul-reaching, so powerful.

Jeremy Donovan performing at Didgeridoo Festival

Owlscrying wrote: ↑Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:44 am

Owl, thanks so much for sharing these videos. 🙂 This hoop dancer is great. I had a native friend, Dean, who was Hopi indian relation and I remember how frustrated he'd get seeing unauthentic native music/videos on youtube ... he'd sieve though them and put all the authentic ones together. I don't remember half of the ones he shared now but it's great to have a thread. Please keep 'em coming. Hugs

Owlscrying wrote: ↑Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:44 am

I really liked this thanks Owlscrying he's so talented

Willow

Some dancers mimic animals or birds or working of hunting, fishing, planting and harvesting. In elaborate sequences of moves, the hoops are made to interlock, and in such a way they can be extended from the body of the dancer to form appendages such as wings and tails.

There are usually 28 hoops used in the hoop dance, and they symbolize "a prayer that the promised renewal of the collective human spirit will accelerate and that we will all find our place in one great hoop made up of many hoops." The dancers usually make their own hoops. Modern hoops are made from an array of materials. Traditional wood hoops made of willow.

Owlscrying wrote: ↑Mon May 29, 2017 8:10 pm
Some dancers mimic animals or birds or working of hunting, fishing, planting and harvesting. In elaborate sequences of moves, the hoops are made to interlock, and in such a way they can be extended from the body of the dancer to form appendages such as wings and tails.

There are usually 28 hoops used in the hoop dance, and they symbolize "a prayer that the promised renewal of the collective human spirit will accelerate and that we will all find our place in one great hoop made up of many hoops." The dancers usually make their own hoops. Modern hoops are made from an array of materials. Traditional wood hoops made of willow.

Nice Owl- as they say, there are no coincidences 😉 neat as 'Willow' chose her own username. I appreciate you replying with meaning, as i'm trying to teach willow (who has special needs) how to use forums and such. She really loved your videos and will like to know what it all means. I think we're getting the hang of it..
Yesterday she was on youtube listening to native indian music so I think she's found something that interests her 😉 🙂

hugs hugs
Samj

Folk-band playing native American Indians music in Norway

Imagenes Tribal Band

Cherokee Memorial Song

Eastern Medicine Singers
Tribes Narragensetts, Wampanoag, Shinnecock & Arawak paying tribute to The Cherokees.

Cree Nation Young Spirit Singers

Esther Halvorson-Hill of Seraphim Nova plays a Native American flute, the spirit flute, at Barr Creek Falls in Southern Oregon.

Songs Of The Soul Of K. Mockingbird

Owls, thank you so much for sharing these. Believe this new thread came just at the right time for me to hear. Hugs

LWM

Owlscrying wrote: ↑Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:23 pm

Cherokee Memorial Song

No words for how beautiful these are

Manantial - Rain Dance

Sioux