Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Just for Today, by Mikao Usui

This probably would go well on the healing board, but I wanted to add it here for a lil reminder as we start the day ๐Ÿ™‚ Just for today, do not be angry Just for today, do not worry Just for today, be grateful Just for today, work hard Just for today, be kind to others. Dr Mikao Usui believed that in order for anyone to practice reiki and transfer healing energy to others, they must have first taken responsibility for their own health and wellbeing. He developed five principles which he taught to his students as strategies to apply to life these he defined as:- Just for today, do not be angry. Anger can be a vast destructive force; it hurts others as well as ourselves. Anger closes us off from love and compassion. Try to detach yourself from situations you feel are engendering any feelings of anger; do not just suppress the feeling for it to return another time. Anger will create a massive leak of the vital energy force from our systems. Constantly remind yourself that anger is not your real nature and as such it will pass, try to acknowledge it, witness it and then let it go forever. Remember the opposite of anger is calmness. Just for today, do not worry. Worry, like anger will also create another great vital energy leak. While anger deals with past and present events, worry deals with perceived future events and happenings. Although worry is not always a negative phenomenon, we should all disregard thoughts of future events and circumstances over which we have no ultimate control. The source of worry is fear of change, one thing we do not always have complete control over. Just for today, be grateful. We should all try to be grateful and show appreciation for the many blessings that can fill our lives, especially when times are difficult. If we can be grateful we can eliminate worry. If we live in a state of gratitude, appreciating and giving thanks for the many blessings of life we can help transform negative attitudes and thoughts into positive ones. When we are grateful for all that we have received, and when we believe that we will continue to receive these things then we will attract abundance. Just for today, work hard. We should all work to the best of our ability each day. There is no job that is too humble that it does not require our full effort. Through work we learn and grow, our whole day should be filled with an effort to work hard and honestly at all we do. Devotion will grow through working hard. Just for today, be kind to others. We should all try to show kindness to our fellow men. We must honour all living things and be tolerant of the way others choose to live their lives. It is important that we realize and accept that being kind and friendly to everyone must include ourselves. Have a fab day everyone.

Source: [dead link]

Samanthaj wrote: โ†‘Mon May 15, 2017 5:28 am

Dr Mikao Usui believed that in order for anyone to practice reiki and transfer healing energy to others, they must have first taken responsibility for their own health and wellbeing.
Very beautiful Samj.

A single act of kindness can cause ripples of healing.

This is beautiful and just what I needed today! Thank you! ๐Ÿ™‚

You're welcome , glad it helped. ๐Ÿ™‚

I found quite a bit of peace in these principles and learning the reiki method of healing has been life changing for me, in the sense it brought me inner peace

hugs

Samj

Owlscrying wrote: โ†‘Tue May 16, 2017 12:01 am
Samanthaj wrote: โ†‘Mon May 15, 2017 5:28 am

Dr Mikao Usui believed that in order for anyone to practice reiki and transfer healing energy to others, they must have first taken responsibility for their own health and wellbeing.
Very beautiful Samj.

A single act of kindness can cause ripples of healing.

So true Owl.
Makes me think of the saying ''Never underestimate the power of planting a seed''
acts of kindness, gifts aside, even compliments
They definitely cause a ripple .. even if seemingly pointless or when it feels to us like we haven't given enough. To another person, it may change their outlook.. from there, anything is possible.. ๐Ÿ™‚ and after circling around, it comes back to us

There is so much healing to be found in helping another out

hugs

Agreed, good points well made there!

Loved this! Something I needed today!!
Thank you for sharing

sweettink wrote: โ†‘Thu May 18, 2017 9:32 pm
great post ... his is the sort of reiki i know

Same here sweet.. I'm so glad I have been able to explore and experience reiki..(and principles) it really has brought inner peace ๐Ÿ™‚

This is wonderful, I will get a copy of this one for the back of my journal. you needn't be interested in taking up reiki (although I certainly am) to find a peaceful path through the word, especially with this in hand.

awesome find, thank you for sharing

Googleshop wrote: โ†‘Tue May 23, 2017 9:13 pm
This is wonderful, I will get a copy of this one for the back of my journal. you needn't be interested in taking up reiki (although I certainly am) to find a peaceful path through the word, especially with this in hand.

awesome find, thank you for sharing

Very true ๐Ÿ™‚
You're welcome googleshop

I read this and felt as though it was speaking to me very good advice