x DwMYkC xbknJf lBSUUc
Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

I gave away my tarot cards after my teacher made fun of me for them 🙁

He was muslim, and he said my tarot cards are a joke. i inhereted them from my great grandmother which is like 19th century or something, and they had all the seasons and people's temperments on them...and i was so sad i threw them in the garbage or goodwill or something 🙁 I LOVED those cards.

why did you listen! the fact that they were your great grandmothers should have meant something to you. he is an idiot regardless of his religion.

So sorry to hear you got rid of something so precious, especially after someones opinion which is only that. Although respectful of peoples religious views if someone said that to me, I always thank people for their opinion, would never insult or be rude to them. But if each and every one of us always acted on other peoples opinions all of time (which have all done from time to time) we would be in a sorry state.

I have had people say to me that tarot is a load of rubbish and I always say "and may I ask how do you know ???". To which I get that embarrassed lost look. I then ask them if they have ever had a reading done ? To which most will say "No!". Often in these cases it is good to ask the person "So tell me what you know about Tarot ?". Some of things people have told me are a million miles away from the truth and many of their concept of the subjects are at least mildly amusing to say the least !

My suggestion would be after sadly getting rid of your grandmothers cards, is to actually make your own special set. Take as long as takes, get some decent quality card, either measure and cut out the rectangles or if you know someone with a print shop who has access to the proper card cutting equipment. Then possibly hand paint them with your own designs and perhaps include something in homage to your grandmother on them. Then they become your own special cards with reference to the ones you discarded.

Good luck

I don't believe tarot actually works in telling the future, but it's a fun game. I think crystal balls are real however.

Not much of a teacher if he can make light of other's tool to use and work with.
Sadly, this does happen, but as long as you learn from that lesson and stay true
with what resonates with you and don't pay attention to what other's think!!! That's
the way forwards.

Cards go back as a form of play called tarrocchi I believe. They're very useful as focus instruments but I haven't really learned to use them well , I learned to read without them. They're nothing to be ashamed of if you select that as part of your faith or belief system, however many people only have knowledge and experience derived from movies and the media that will portray them in a bad light due to a poor understanding of the tools and use of the cards.

Just because a person says something, like your teacher about your tarot cards, you can acknowledge their thought concept, but it doesn't mean you have to follow, you are your own person. Each religion has views on matters however make choices that are good for you. There's not much you can do about what occurred in the tossing out of the tarot however maybe you can remember those cards and recreate them by making your own deck.