Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Help Getting In Chat Please

Owls, can you help me to get into new chat room please? I am using Internet Explorer, downloaded Java, disabled ad blocker and keep getting mssg saying to disable ad blocker. Then I get a mssg saying Internet Explorer blocked this website from installing an ActiveX control. I clicked on the install button then I get a mssg saying windows has blocked this software because it can't verify unknown publisher. HELP PLEASE/ Rockymthorserider would LOVE to join new chat room.

Rockymthorserider wrote: ↑Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:19 am
Owls, can you help me to get into new chat room please? I am using Internet Explorer, downloaded Java, disabled ad blocker and keep getting mssg saying to disable ad blocker. Then I get a mssg saying Internet Explorer blocked this website from installing an ActiveX control. I clicked on the install button then I get a mssg saying windows has blocked this software because it can't verify unknown publisher. HELP PLEASE/ Rockymthorserider would LOVE to join new chat room.

Hi Rocky

I'm really not good with any of this but have had the same happen in the past. I just clicked X on everything (see.. definitely no expert

I'm sure you will get in soon. Someone will know what to advise. The unknown publisher message isn't anything to worry about, it's to do with high security settings in your IE control panel I think. It's safe to ignore...

Owl/Steve/Lightworkingmama will be able to help. Hope you are doing well
Sam

Been trying to get in since Aug 14th. Asked Steve for help and tonight Owls. Still looking for response. Thank you Sam, for replying, Rocky

I've managed to log in from my phone a few times, but I get kicked out shortly after. I can't get on at all with my computer. It keeps telling me to install Java, even after I've installed Java.

I'm having the same difficulty getting into chat. I've used google chrome and internet explorer and have java downloaded...

Waterfox works on the mac but you must need to download the new version of java. And make sure all other javas are deleted, etc. I use Java - JRE/JDK 9 that seems to work for me but it does sometimes pick up on if you try to re-download the new java so i'd advise the new java to determine if it works or not. I'm no expert though with the mobile.

I give up, guys 🙁 I can't get into the chat at all on my computer and it only lets me in for a few minutes at a time on my phone. I've tried all my browsers, I've downloaded Java, I had no other Javas prior to that download. It's still saying I need Java. I'm at a loss.

Was nice chatting with you guys when I could actually chat with you guys 🙂

HI everyone.
you need internet explorer it doesn't work with any other browsers.

Here is a copy of the post steve put up which should help
Steve wrote: ↑Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:25 pm
New Chat launched 14th August 2017

If you are using a desktop computer or laptop the Chat Rooms can only be accessed by using Internet Explorer Browser (PC) and Safari Browser (Mac). Download links will be on the Chat page.

If you are a Windows user: XP, Vista, Windows 7, 8 and 10 you should already have Internet Explorer on your computer. Java must also be installed.

Chat is 100% mobile compatible and you will be able to access the chat rooms without using Internet Explorer and Java. Just click on the 'Chat Icon'.

Remember you must register for a 'NEW CHAT ACCOUNT' as our chat rooms are completely separate from the Forums.

If you are having issues accessing Chat please leave your messages here on this thread. Other members of the community may have the solution to your problem.

Disclaimer: ABT Admin do not provide support for Internet Explorer or Java related problems.

Java is stupid.. says you dont have it and you do..
Phone well.. i get in easy not sure why you cant get in.. i am not technical but will get someone here to this thread to help you all.
We miss you in chat.i have asked some of the team to step in if you still having problems. xxx

Hi

A few tips to help get you into Chat :

If you're not sure whether you have Java/ where to download it from

To see if you have Java installed on your PC
Go to Search Windows (on PC) and type in Programs --> Click Add or remove programs
When you get to the list scroll down until you see Java. or search for 'Java' in the search bar to find it...
Example - Java 8 Update 144 by Oracle
If this shows, you have Java installed

You can Download Java Here

If you're getting a message to install Java when you already have it, you will need to remove the older version--- Have copied the instructions here:

Manual Uninstall

You can uninstall older versions of Java manually in the same way as you would uninstall any other software from your Windows computer.

Older versions of Java may appear in the program list as J2SE, Java 2, Java SE or Java Runtime Environment.

Windows 10 - Uninstall Programs

Click Start
Select Settings
Select System
Select Apps & features
Select the program to uninstall and then click its Uninstall button.
Respond to the prompts to complete the uninstall

Windows 8 - Uninstall Programs

From the Start screen, enter Control Panel in the Search box. Select the Control Panel.
When the Control Panel appears, choose Uninstall a Program from the Programs category.
Select the program to uninstall, and then right-click and select Uninstall or you can click the Uninstall option located at the top of the programs list.
Click Yes to confirm the program uninstall.

Windows 7 and Vista - Uninstall Programs

Click Start
Select Control Panel
Select Programs
Click Programs and Features
Select the program you want to uninstall by clicking on it, and then click the Uninstall button.

You may need administrator privileges to remove programs.
Windows XP - Uninstall Programs

Click Start
Select Control Panel
Click the Add/Remove Programs control panel icon
The Add/Remove control panel displays a list of software on your system, including any Java software products that are on your computer. Select any that you want to uninstall by clicking on it, and then click the Remove button.

If you get a pop-up window saying, your Java is out of date, but, you are updated....

You are given option to tick - Continue until next update.