Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Hello from Germany

Hello there,

I am Alexandra from Germany, 40 years old, web- and graphic designer and trainer of horses and riders, geek but no (real) nerd (I tend more to discuss with physics, basically with the gravitation – till now it always wins but I keep trying). I love many kinds of animals and tend to keep an own zoo if money, time and place fit. At the moment I only have an one year old German Boxer Dog (River Song) and two cats (Jethro and Bambino) but this year there will come more pets. Next year probably a horse (I had horses in the past but the last one I had to sell because of I was ill for a long time and it was a young horse). My hobbies are reading books of any kind, painting, sculpting, writing (novels, no lyrics) and of course my pets, riding and tv-shows and films.

I own the oldest of the bigger German internet forums for people suffering under mental illness, life crisis and suicide thoughts (I didn't build it, I resumed it). It's just an online self-help group.

However, I registered here because we don't have good forums of this kind in German. Either they don't have active users or the people there are very... weird (and I don't mean the paranormal weird. It's like everybody thinks they are the only ones with experiences and believe in all that but everybody else, especially the new ones, is lying or needs a Doctor or is just dumb). I wanted to talk about my experiences with people who don't think automatically it's not true what I tell and so I had to search after an English speakers forum. Of course I don't believe everything and I always want to find out if there are natural explanations (including my own experiences) and so I am totally ok with objective attempts to explain, I just want people which read the stuff without prejudices.

So... I think that should be enough for my hello to you (in fact in my conditions it's really not much). If you have any questions about me just ask me. And at least please be patient with me about my grammar, spelling and punctuation – often my English still isn't the best but it's getting better (not at least because of my fandoms because I always look shows and films in original ;-))

Yours sincerely, Alexandra.

Oh, I forgot you want pictures, np.

The many kinds of The Unschuldshascherl

Hello, and welcome to the site! Of course people are also different here as in all other places, but I'm sure you'll find some that resonate with you personally = )

Welcome to ABT Missy.

Join us in Chat.

Much respect for your passion towards animals.

Thanks for the welcome.

And yes I know and it's totally ok for me if somebody don't believe me because of the story or give me ctritism. I didn't want to excite otherwise.
Before I registered I took a long look into the threads here and I am sure that I'll find that, too. 🙂

Edit: @Owlscrying (You was too fast^^) thanks a lot. I'll join it.

Hi Alexandra!

Welcome to anybodythere. Lovely intro 🙂
I think your English is great and you definitely don't have to worry about us not believing you . That is great with your website, it's good for others to have a place to go for peer support. That aside, I really look forward to reading your posts and hearing what you have to share. No worries at all, we rarely have others who are critical of anothers' experiences. Whilst not everyone will agree, we all tend to be pretty open minded 🙂 and non judgemental. I think you will settle in great with us all

Enjoy the forum 🙂

Take care and see you around
Samj

Your grammar and English is better than mine ! What a lovely person to join us. Welcome! I am looking forward to getting to know you and hearing all bout your experiences. I have a strong feeling you will stick around here with us. I do hope so! x

You people here are very, very nice and I am glad I have found you, too. About my English, thank you for your feedback, really. My English is ok the most time and people understand me but sometimes on bad days I just confuse people. However I am always thankful if people tell me if it is good or also if it is bad (if they tell me the right form). I mean I for myself can't see it – if I could I wouldn't make any faults. I love languages. I always did. I love it to play with my language and so I always want to get better.
What a lovely person to join us.

It's so nice you say that but I think that is too much of honour (like we say in Germany). I always say I am neither a good nor a nice person but I am also not a bad person. I am what I am. Don't get me wrong. I won't be unfriendly to anybody of you. I am a guest and this here isn't a place where I could get angry or nerved.
Well, I am a typical leo, a real typical leo with all its goods and faults. There are many people who don't like me. That's ok for me. I don't have the need that people like me. At least there are also a lot of people which like me.
And I am very dry and directly. See, Germans generally tend to be much dryer than American. We seem often less of emotions but that's not true. And my area is even in Germany well known for “grumpyness” - we aren't really grumpy we just don't show our emotions and tend to say what we think – and even for this area I am an extreme. Don't get me wrong. I don't walk around and tell people what I think but if they involve me they really get a direct answer. If I really don't like someone and he or she wants to talk with me then I ask them not to do and say they just don't fit with me.

On the other hand if people ask me for help I give it even if it's someone I don't like. Especially if I feel somehow responsible for them and that can mean that they are just in some kind of group with me. Well people here tend to make me the leader of their groups and so I feel always responsible. That's no problem for me. Like I said a typical leo. I can fight others fights with no problems.
But that includes that I can be very frightening to the aggressors to people I protect and that's not a nice characteristic I think.

Maybe you think now how can that be because of my self-help forum. I am just the solver of problems. I ungarble their things and show the possible ways out. But I am not the allayer. You'd never see me in my forum that I answer only to give advice. That do other. I can give comfort to people I love but I do that by listening and sometimes just by being there, showing that they're not alone and keeping silence with them. Oh I am very good with that that people feel comfortable in keeping silence with me. No matter in which situation.

At least I always say that I am not the one who comforts the widow but the one who calls the undertaker and manages everything while other comfort the widow.

However I just tell you because I don't want people see me wrong and thing I am always nice or lovely and to be fair to you so you can decide by the real terms if you may like me or not – at least that's the only way to be liked what counts.

Anyway I think I will stick around here with you, too. 🙂

Welcome, Alexandra.

hello and a wonderful welcome to you. enjoy the forums and hope to meet you in chat

Hi SilverG and LunsSea,

thank you. I feel very good with you here. I I've written some threads and have read other threads but I didn't know what to answer yet. But I will play a bigger part in your community in futur I hope.

I will join youthe chat soon I think.

GCUk