Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Haunted places - have you ever been in one?

Hey,
last time I read article about haunted place. Have you ever been in place like this?

Define Haunted ?? What might seem haunted to you might be normal living for others . The difference could be being open to the spirits around us. Many people are afraid of spirits they sense around them and more times that not it is family or friends coming to check on us..

Hmm.. good point Cheyenne. Living in Colchester is practically normal for me on a regular basis.

there was a manor beside my old house that ended up being called haunted. it is used to art shows and weddings now. but it is pretty scary.

Define haunted house? Do you mean the type of haunted house everyone goes to that is only on Halloween? Or a real genuine haunted place?

Just for discussion as this thread is old enough to have it's own ghosts; Yes I have, although it wasn't meant to be.

It was just supposed to be a rental of a farmhouse for a weeks holiday.

It was cheap, and fairly central to my parents and where I was living. They rented it for a week, and met the young lady in the car park at the front to hand over the keys - saying she would be back in a week, and to eat any food in there that was still within date.

Most odd - she didn't even show us around.

It was huge! 15 rooms, 3 floors, Georgian style farmhouse with outbuildings, farm attached, farm workers cottages, summerhouse, greenhouse, servants quarters.....all empty. Actually empty is the wrong word. Deserted is more apt, because all their belongings were still there!

In the house itself it was just as if the owners had vanished overnight. All the wardrobes were full of clothes, the drawers full also. Paperwork lying about, the dining room silverware set for dinner....

Not long after the first day I started seeing people outside. People dressed in Victorian clothes. Two women playing tennis, and two boys in tweeds playing cricket - one breaking a window with the ball. I checked the window. One pane was broken, and repaired about 100 years ago.

Our room:
The walls seemed to vibrate. The striped wallpaper just seemed to move. The large chest of drawers also made noises during the night, and items on the dressing table were constantly in motion - all night.
When we left it our things would move around, or the bed would be made or unmade - different than how we left it. But we were the only people in the house!
There would be knocking on the walls, on objects, or one night on a mirror above the bed, I could actually see it move each time the knock was heard. the young boys in the bedroom opposite were fast asleep by this time - and we checked.

The boys room; They had just come out to say goodnight one night then went back in - literally seconds. They both ran back out to us saying there were books everywhere...and there was. piles of books had appeared around the bed and the wardrobe door was open. We stacked them all in the wardrobe where we presumed they were before, but was a surprise to the boys.
Two days later they ran out of the room saying "The tapestry had come alive". We still do not know what this was but freaked them out enough to run out of the room crying.

We heard piano music - from an inexperienced player, yet there was no piano. the same song over and over. There were marks of a piano in the library on the floor, so one used to be there.
We never used that lounge/ library the whole week. Nobody could breathe in there. Nor the dining room. We just went in there once.
I saw dogs in the hall, a horse outside, we both got headaches in a small pantry and a vision of a maid falling from a stool.
My partner was pushed down the stairs twice and had to hang on to the rail, and she was electrocuted once from a lightswitch.
We both had nightmares of a black haired woman screaming at us to get out - the same person. We later found a picture of this person in the upper bathroom as a housekeeper. It seems we were in her bedroom on the top floor.

At the end of the week we met the woman outside again to hand back the keys. It was then that she told us she was having a hard time coming to terms with the sudden death of her entire family, and was renting the place out while she sold the estate. She was away at university when it happened, and everything inside was just as they had left it!

The property has now sold. It is called Newmains farmhouse, and is in North Berwick.
Oh....and is very haunted!