Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

13 year old "splitting"

My daughter will be 13 in a couple of weeks. My mentor told me, after a sit down meeting with her when she was 10, that she is clairvoyant and psychic and a strong empath. I have never told her that and I hoped she would outgrow it. She hasn't done anything too out of the ordinary other than having to be corrected for "invading" another person's "bubble" (often while offering advice) but she is doing this thing lately where she "splits." I don't know how to describe it, other than on a "different plane," where I feel I've always had a pretty good handle on my children, she's making multiples of herself, and I believe, either sending these parts of herself in an attempt to aid the people she loves, or perhaps in a way to gain independence from me? When I catch her doing this, she will verbally acknowledge me. But she is careless with it and she will "come whole, " while leaving various duplicarions of herself out, by themselves. I will verbally tell her, "the rest of them." And she will squinch up her little face as she goes back to get them, often having to be directed as to "where" she has left one of her "selves." I have verbally told her, "I don't like that," or just sharply said her name when I catch her doing it. She responds by either, "sorry," or "I"m back, whatever," with eye rolling or attitude. I am very uncomfortable with her doing this and I need some advice as to how to get her to stop. I don't want to sit down and say to her, "you ARE psychic, you ARE clairvoyant. " I don't want her to base her identity on those words. And on a level, I am afraid to really address "it" because I don't even know what "it" is. My mentor and I disagree on how to handle this; he believes her "ability" should be fully nurtured. I need some advice as to why she is doing this and how I can help her.

Hello TayJay

If you trusted your 'mentor', you would not be posting this.

Follow and trust your 'mother bear instinct".

Good for children to learn being aware of their surroundings, physically, emotionally, and mentally.

For their safety, security and survival.

Grounding and shielding, allowing only positve.

Hi Jaytay

I think Owl's reply is great. Good way of putting it

As for why she is splitting .. we can never be sure..there could be many reasons why/causes

Have you asked her directly what is happening during these times she is splitting? have you met with the other selves?
Does she ever talk about them?

You mention a mentor, curious what kind of mentor ?
Mother bear insticts is a great way of putting it. A mothers' intuition
What do you feel is happening? As you know your daughter better than mentor ever will..If you have a niggling feeling about something, chances are you're not far from wrong at all

I was also going to recommend grounding- Mindfulness and grounding to help your daughter stay in the now.. the present, physical, fully aware. All children have times where their imaginations / mind will drift elsewhere ..whilst it's healthy and normal it's important to make sure they ground themselves. Maybe it would be good to try some grounding techniques with her and perhaps getting to the bottom of what's causing the dissociation/learning more about the other selves you mention. Have you ever sought advice from anyone else?? aside from mentor

I'm not sure what else to suggest but didn't want to read and run
Samj

JayTay,

Namasté. I have had the blessing of having several gifted children present in my life. In the past few decades many more gifted children have been born and their gifts seem to be stronger than that of my own generation. I have found that working with these children is a very enjoyable experience if you let their gifts develop organically. Unlike adults who can read books, watch videos, attend classes, children must learn by their own schedule letting their curiosity bring things along in due course. This is NOT something that they will outgrow.

My best advice for the parents of these children is to focus on grounding, not only for the child, but also for themselves. Once everyone is properly grounded, then address issues as they come up. In your situation, it sounds as though your daughter may be traveling out-of-body, and yes, it is possible to leave some of one’s energy behind. A good technique I learned from a mentor was to perform a ritual each evening in which I release all attachments and energies of others from me while calling back my own energies to me. This has helped me a lot over the past few years as I am an empath and energetic boundaries are a constant issue. A good book on the subject of energetic boundaries has been written by Cyndi Dale.

In Peace and Light.

teach her to use her gifts for good, ust cause she's different from society doesn't mean her gifts are bad, she just needs to expand. Try books llike thelaw of one.