Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

It is not a game

Page 1 of 2Next

I personally will never touch one again, since college.
My friends and I played with one in college and afterwards, each of us experienced bad things for a while.

It opens doors that are not always easy to close. It lets in things that are not always easy to get rid of.

The Ouija board is not a game.

Be careful.

I haven't touched one since I was 12. For a few years, maybe from 10 to 12, my great grandmother played it with me (I believe she did know what it did and how to use it). To me, as a kid, it was a game.

When I was 12 my two cousins and I used it and were joking around with it, not following the rules I always followed. My cousin at one point flipped the board and ran out of the room. She wouldn't say why for quite a while and then said she had seen the reflection of something unpleasant in the mirror on the wall. I still to this day 16 years later don’t know exactly what she saw.

While I don’t think Ouija boards are bad, I do think they're an unregulated tool. Like a firearm with no safety lock you didn’t load yourself. Sure, maybe you'll pull the trigger and nothing will happen at all. Or maybe disaster will strike. It's a coin toss if you don’t know what you're doing.

I personally have never had a bad experience with a board. But I don’t use them anymore because I think there are better tools and more reliable methods to use for spirit communication.

I have to agree with ColeWayne, it's a tool, but the problem is, like anything else, there are rules, both spoken and unspoken and since the rules aren't laid out, those who use it who are not experienced or with someone who is not experienced, will open up a huge can of worms. Alot of Wiccans use the board to communicate with Spirit and very successful at it because they are usually trying to connect with a specific person, and they have a specific intention for the use. Like astral projection, if you let your body just wander, then you really don't know where your going, what the purpose of the journey is and what you will run into and bring back with you. These rules often apply with magic as well. It's a tool, but a novice who invokes an underworld God all for the sake is seeing if a spell will work without understanding the rules or no understanding of the entity you are evoking is, this is when you run into alot of problems.
The two biggest problems I see is people opening the board and wanting any spirit to speak, just for the sake of "speaking to the dead", this allows any entity to come through and you have no idea who your dealing with. The second is people not placing restrictions on the entitiy they are speaking to, like telling them they can only communicate through the board but can not attach themselves to anyone, or hurt anyone, ect. I'm not sure how ColeWayne's great grandmother used it or what her method was, but it worked for her because she was experienced. But for someone who isn't versed "in the art" I would suggest, like what you said Mystic, to stay far, far away! 🙂

I don't quite remember all of her methodology. This was 17 years ago or so. She always lit a white candle. I'll tell you the rules I remember. "State your business" - meaning tell the spirits what you want (i.e. "We want to speak to anyone who has lived in this house."). "Don't mention death" - meaning don’t ask things about their death (i.e. "How did you die?" or "What’s it like to be dead?"). She told me it was like asking a woman her age: some don’t mind, but others get upset, and more often than not it's better not to ask. "No making fun." - meaning don’t ask silly questions or tease (i.e. "What do farts smell like over there?"). Before we started we always had a quiet moment when we didn't talk. I don’t know if this was so she could concentrate or what. Based on my own experience connecting with spirits, she probably needed a minute to meditate or shield or what have you. Another rule was not to take your hands off the pointer once the session started and to always say goodbye and make sure the board said it back before you let go of the pointer. We also never blew out the candle until the sessions were done and the goodbyes happened.

Again, I was a kid, so I don't know how much of this was for show to make it seem more exciting. But that's what I remember. Don't take it as a guide for how to use a Ouija board. I'm by no means an expert.

ColeWayne? You said to never take your fingers off the pointer. I have 4 Ouija Boards and when I use one, I take my fingers off of it. Nothing has ever happened to ME. I guess I am just one of the lucky ones. Either that or I am just boring enough to where not even the spirits are interested in me. I guess that is a possibility. LOL

That was my great grandmother’s rule. I have no idea if it's legitimate. That was just how we did it.

Ah. 🙂 Okay. 🙂 Umm. Yeah. A lot of people say, never to take your fingers off of it. I think its because, the spirit can't enter the room, if you have your fingers on the planchette.

What experiences did you guys have that discourage you from using them? Do you see it as more dangerous than other forms of divination?

It is definitely not just a game, I stay well away from the Ouija board and anyone who plans to play with it. I see it as a dangerous way of connecting to the passed.. From what I've witnessed 9/10 times it always goes wrong. Stay away from it.

The reason why ouija can be dangerous is because it attracts earthbound spirits, this is sprits who have passed away, but have not passed though to the light yet, due to whatever.....so are still stuck on the earthplane but in spiritual form. These could be murderers, rapists, people who've been murdered or raped, people who've committed suicide, and even just normal deaths, but the spirits are lingering around as they are either scared to passover, still traumatized, or just refuse to as they want to be human again, or they want to mess with human forms......you don't know what your messing with.

So this is why you don't know what spirit your messing with when playing the ouija board, and that's why people have bad experiences with them.

I also don't believe that earthbound spirits can give you msgs anyway, they need to have crossed over to the light to have this knowledge and earthbounds don't'....so whatever your getting told would be nonsense anyway, and them just playing with you or scaring you on purpose.

If you want to connect with your deceased loved ones, there is other ways to do this.

I've never had the pointer move without anyone touching it, and I don't believe the people I used it with pushed it, though I suppose they could have.

I played with one in grade school. It followed me home and sat on my bed. I picked it up again in middle school and never again touched it after it started spinning in fast circles and flew and hit the wall.

A lot to say about this subject but just cannot express to put into words, reflections of inexperience in the past.

I think the simplest way is do not touch one or use one. You would be going about this not the right way if you wanted to use this to connect to higher beings or beings that come forward in the name of Love. You would be working with the fear element.

Higher beings will not connect through a fear infused tool. They would prefer to go direct in open lines of communication where the energy is more higher focused and where intent is positive.

Simply put, if you wish to connect with spirit do so via the direct communication lines first by your own inner voice and intuition in the way that's natural wise for you.

DO NOT go through a board or anything that makes you feel uneasy. If it feels uneasy at the time - STOP- and trust your instincts.

Protection and shielding and grounding is always wise for your peace of mind as much as ours. It will be like inviting strange energy into your home and space and often be the most harmful to you, if you are a sensitive soul. Clearing old vibrations from the space is also important.

If in doubt at any time you feel uneasy, good prayers often will help to help set your mind at peace.

on net its written that this board should not be used my single player..

any reason for this ?

what if one person plays ?

I tried it once and nothing happened.. Idk if i did something wrong or what but nothing happened. I started to feel silly so I made sure I said goodbye and I just put it away. I dont know if ill try it again, maybe but I really dont know if anything will happen.

I definitely agree. I had one when I was little. As an adult and obviously in hindsight, I'm not even sure why my mother would have purchased one to begin with let alone why a game maker would make such a game. Then again as far as my mother it was the 70's so who knows lol.
Anyway, my brother and I would try and play but we could never keep our serious face on long enough to make a connection. At least we thought and thinking back I'm not sure we closed the board out properly either. Because after all it was a game... and it didn't work. Well after a couple of attempts similar to the first, that's when things began. The first paranormal experience of my recollection. My brother awoke one morning completely shaken. He said he was listening to an album on his stereo. It was the first song of the album. Anyone familiar with stereos knows that the needle does not automatically release until after the last song of the album has completed, then the needle lifts and sets itself back on the needle holder. Anyway - he says that a dark figure with a somewhat glowing body outline, opened his door came into his room, removed the needle from the album and stood there watching him. He said he froze out of fear until it disappeared. And that was the beginning... From there, you constantly had that eerie feeling of being watched. Like you were never really alone. Things started disappearing and returning being moved from one spot to another. Drinking glasses would slide across the table. Blinds would pop open. My brother once threw a crumpled paper into an empty ashtray and it combusted into flames. Initially it seemed to be toying with us. But the feeling of foreboding intensified over time as this things intentions felt like they were changing.
We told my mother of our experiences but she said she never believed us. Come to find out later in life - she sent us to our aunt's house to spend the night and had a priest come bless the house.
She had two religious statues that sat on her dresser that actually had cried real tears. The last I remember is telling my friends at school about the stuff happening at my house. Of course they didn't believe me and I of course was like "oh yeah" come to my house. lol
Quite frankly, I was 7 my brother was 14 and supposed to be my babysitter, though he was often not home when I got there, so I didn't like to go home alone anyway.
Needless to say, once we got there they wanted to play the Ouija board and even though weird stuff was happening in the house I being little never made the connection. After all _ I didn't have the experience of the board working. I also didn't want them to leave me either. So we did. We were just asking stupid questions about boys and girls in our school and tests and such and the planchet began moving. But it didn't answer any of our questions. It went to 666, and spelled out die over and over then went to goodbye. So we removed our fingers from the planchet and had a brief argument about who was pushing it to scare us. Then the planchet with no fingers upon it began to spin really, really, fast and flung itself from the board and hit the wall across the room. We got up from the floor and booked out of the house to the porch, which really didn't help us considering we were on the 2nd floor.
Thankfully my brother came home and we came inside all shaken up feeling better someone older than us was home. When he asked what happened, he got very angry when I told him, to the point he slapped me and said "I told you don't play with that anymore! I don't really remember him telling me not to or maybe I wouldn't have.
Needless to say, between his reaction that day and my mothers house blessing I can only gather something more must have occurred. We took the game together that day outside to the trash and threw it away.
About a week later we went outside to the porch where we kept our games and found the Ouija board sitting there. We asked our mother why she would bring it back into the house, that we threw it out because we didn't like it and didn't want it. She said she didn't. So my brother broke the board in half and threw it away again outside. Thankfully it stayed gone and we moved not long after.
It was around this same time that I first played the Ouija that I started having premonition dreams could just be a coincidence. But it seems I have been a magnet for paranormal activity ever since, with some particularly nasty ones at times.

When I was 11 my best friend got a ouija board for christmas. I went to play with her the day after christmas and her Aunt & cousin were visiting. The cousin was 13 or 14 and he was bothering the adults so they made him hang out with us when we were playing with the board. He scoffed at us and my friend told him that the ouija board was real and that we could get information from it. I already felt weird with it but we really did not have any thing to ask it so he gave us questions to ask and after the first question I knew the answer before the planchette had spelled the words. I got tired of each word being spelled so slowly so I just started blurting out all the answers. He was asking questions about him that we did not know the answers to and after the third time I answered before the words were spelled out he said we were crazy and left the room. The answers were all correct. I felt an energy that I had never felt before then. Now it is a familiar energy and I "know things I don't know" when I am in that energy.

The next time I encountered a ouija board I was about 29 or 30 and a co-worker invited me and 2 other women over for tarot card readings and ouija board activity. We would operate the board 2 at a time and the other 3 asked the crazy question, "How many lives have I had on earth?" All of them got numbers over 20, one was close to 100. Then it was my turn and the question was asked and the answer was 3. They all went "Ahhhhh." Like there is something wrong with me because I got the answer 3, as if it meant anything important. I would haved laughted at them then but it was disconcerting to be in a group of such silly people. I already knew by then that I am not from earth, but I have had many past lives. Anyway, the other two women left and I stayed a little longer because my friend wanted to use the ouija board longer and she could not get it to respond when she was alone (probably a good thing). She started asking questions from an entity but did not say "I will only talk to loving entities" and the thing got weird and she said "What do you want?" (very stupid question), she thought she was talking to her ex husband but I knew it was not a human, and her ex was not dead. The answer she got was "3 virgins and a goat." At which point I asked "is this a loving entity?" and the answer was "no" and she screamed and the oija board flew into the air and she ran out of the apartment. I followed and then decided it was time for me to go home. I think it is funny, but it is also disturbing. That is the last time I had anything to do with a ouija board. Like ColeWayne said, there are many other more reliable tools.

Sheknows wrote: ↑Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:52 pm
The reason why ouija can be dangerous is because it attracts earthbound spirits, this is sprits who have passed away, but have not passed though to the light yet, due to whatever.....so are still stuck on the earthplane but in spiritual form. These could be murderers, rapists, people who've been murdered or raped, people who've committed suicide, and even just normal deaths, but the spirits are lingering around as they are either scared to passover, still traumatized, or just refuse to as they want to be human again, or they want to mess with human forms......you don't know what your messing with.

So this is why you don't know what spirit your messing with when playing the ouija board, and that's why people have bad experiences with them.

I also don't believe that earthbound spirits can give you msgs anyway, they need to have crossed over to the light to have this knowledge and earthbounds don't'....so whatever your getting told would be nonsense anyway, and them just playing with you or scaring you on purpose.

If you want to connect with your deceased loved ones, there is other ways to do this.

Spirits link in with a medium to give message to a person usually a love one. Your beliefs are your own unless you, yourself actually experience the link, then your last part of "you getting told would be nonsense, just playing with you or scaring you on purpose" doesn't stand up. There are many true intuitive mediums and those with abilities out there. What's scary is people spreading junk which they are clueless.

I made a'lot of spirit friends when I first used the board,at first I was a bit scared but realized that they were just playing with me

More often that not, people DO experience problems with them. Because, they think all they have to do is, take them out of the box. But, when you don't take ALL the necessary precautions, then yes, you WILL pay the price. I don't take any precautions with MINE, because, I never had any problems with MINE and therefore, I don't think it is necessary. I KNOW I should and I KNOW I AM taking my chances when I don't take precautions and I would tell EVERYONE to take the ALL the precautions.

Page 1 of 2Next